搜索
樓主: saki

2010 渣打馬拉松暫定日子

關閉 [複製鏈接]

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 13:06:30 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 spmho 於 2009-8-11 10:49 發表

george...don't expect hk organizer with same thinking with runner.

though the event was called 'international'
consider the course, event time, race atmosphere.....was actually not 'internatio ...

I guess you are right.  Many of us recreational runners here in US are spoiled because we expect a lot from the race organizers who themselves are all serious runners at one time.  So, the welfare and health of the runners is always the priority.  Organizers go out of their way here to ensure runners have the best possible environment to run a good and relative comfortable race.  That includes starting the Honolulu race at 5, the CIM at 7 in winter in the dark (BTW, it was so much fun to run in almost total darkness in under 4 Celsius last Dec there).  The LA race who succumbed to the religious people and moved to a Mon (instead of Sun) in May this year (the only good Mon holiday) got thousands of complaints from the runners.  It will be back to a Sun in the spring next year when the weather will be cool and the start time again will be 6 or 7am.

I was hoping that the HKSCM organizer will be in the same caliber but that apparently is too much to ask for.  I really want to run HKSCM in 2011 but am very concerned with the heat.  I may be forced to change my plan.

[ 本帖最後由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-11 13:08 編輯 ]

升級   61.95%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 13:56:27 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 62# 的帖子

George and other C-hings

In case you did not know...

There was a petition signed by over 300 runners back in March this year. There were a number of issues raised, one of them is the starting time. I don't know much detail, but I heard the organizer has received the letter and looking forward to make some changes.

I run the first 10K in 1997. It was quite a well organized event, but of course there were much less people participated back then. The problem now is that SCM has become such as carnival and festival with so many people, yet the organizers did not make signifcant changes to response to new demand, serious and casual runners alike.

Many simple effort can really improve the race and runner's enthusiam, for example, how about a finisher medal and a finisher T-shirt??? at least we can all brag about it in the office, rather than the same looking design year after year.......  

well enough of my complaint, but I hope they will response to our petition.

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 14:22:24 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 Left3 於 2009-8-11 13:56 發表
In case you did not know...

There was a petition signed by over 300 runners back in March this year. There were a number of issues raised, one of them is the starting time. I don't know much detail, but I heard the organizer has received the letter and looking forward to make some changes.

I run the first 10K in 1997. It was quite a well organized event, but of course there were much less people participated back then. The problem now is that SCM has become such as carnival and festival with so many people, yet the organizers did not make signifcant changes to response to new demand, serious and casual runners alike.

Many simple effort can really improve the race and runner's enthusiam, for example, how about a finisher medal and a finisher T-shirt??? at least we can all brag about it in the office, rather than the same looking design year after year.......  

well enough of my complaint, but I hope they will response to our petition.

Left3 ching
i appreicated the action done by hkrunners in that action.
the petition actually addressed some minor issue. e.g toilet arrangement, water station arrangement.....

however, major issues such as race course, event time....can never be honored
unless someone who know running in authority.

升級   61.95%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 18:44:03 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 64# 的帖子

spmho ching,
I think the petition did address race time, baggage collection, course arrangement (not on the highway!!) etc. Anyway, I totally understand the effort will need a strong voice so that it can be heard, that is why I don't have much hope on it.

Again I just want my finisher medal and t-shirt, a very humble request to award my hardwork

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 21:09:10 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 Left3 於 2009-8-11 18:44 發表
spmho ching,
I think the petition did address race time, baggage collection, course arrangement (not on the highway!!) etc. Anyway, I totally understand the effort will need a strong voice so that i ...

It is great to hear that our fellow HK runners have already voiced the suggestions.  I hope the organizer will listen.

But it is very strange to have no finisher medal.   I hope they will make the changes before 2011.

升級   61.95%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 22:28:45 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 66# 的帖子

Yes, no finisher medal or t-shirt, I would think that is logistically easiest:

1. Check the past five year the percentage of finishers among all entries to make medals and t-shirt
2. line up a bunch of volunteers like scout on the finishing line
3. handout medal and t-shirts to those that cross the line
4. for those who fainted when crossing the line (like me ), can use the chip time to certify the finishing time and collect it later.

Don't you think this is a no brainer???

If they cannot do this, I will petition a bunch of kindergarten students to sit on the organizing committee!!

Let's see what will happen this year!

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-11 23:09:04 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 Left3 於 2009-8-11 22:28 發表
Yes, no finisher medal or t-shirt, I would think that is logistically easiest:

1. Check the past five year the percentage of finishers among all entries to make medals and t-shirt
2. line up a bun ...

Surprising.  What you mentioned are the things most people take it for granted.  All races here have those things.  I am surprised that the HKSCM doesn't.  I guess I should change my plan and run Shanghai in 2011 then.

I just want to add that I think many of the ching's ctse's who ran HKSCM last couple of years could probaby be capable of running 5 or more minutes faster if the start time is at 6am or earlier.

[ 本帖最後由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-12 02:48 編輯 ]

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-13 15:30:31 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-11 23:09 發表

Surprising.  What you mentioned are the things most people take it for granted.  All races here have those things.  I am surprised that the HKSCM doesn't.  I guess I should change my plan and run Shanghai in 2011 then.

I just want to add that I think many of the ching's ctse's who ran HKSCM last couple of years could probaby be capable of running 5 or more minutes faster if the start time is at 6am or earlier.

though offical finish time is 5hr 30min....
if someone cannot manage to reach several check points before specific time, offical will set up net, runners will be pushed to bus.

also, even runners can pass the last net....
if they finish more than 5:30:00, even 5:30:01, no offical result will be offered.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

發表於 2009-8-14 01:11:03 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 spmho 於 2009-8-13 15:30 發表

though offical finish time is 5hr 30min....
if someone cannot manage to reach several check points before specific time, offical will set up net, runners will be pushed to bus.

also, even runn ...

It seems to me more and more that the so called HK Standard Chartered Marathon is more and more like the Bay to Breaker race in San Francisco.  It is more like a fair with a small number of real runners.  

Another possible reason why I think they start the Marathon at 8 is that they want to let our HKSAR CEO to participate in the opening ceremony.  And they dare not asking him to do it at 5am.  If that is true, it is a very dumb idea.  Risking runners' lives to have the governor starting the race is really stupid.

If they start the full at 6am, they could definitely give a few more hours for people to run/walk the full marathon.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

香港長跑網

小黑屋|手機觸屏版|電腦版|Archiver|香港長跑網 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:11 , Processed in 0.131236 second(s), 22 queries .