打印 上一主題 下一主題

Brooks

[複製鏈接]

升級   55.65%

該用戶從未簽到

跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2009-10-7 16:33:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Any one tried running shoes from Brooks before? Are they good?

I will have a short b-trip to USA this weekend and wonder if I should look for a pair of Brooks there. Searched on their web that it's ~US$100-125 for a pair... much more expensive than buying Mizuno in Hong Kong.
+1 0
上一篇︰Closure of Pro-Aquatrack下一篇︰今年會跑全馬

升級   61.95%

該用戶從未簽到

2#
發表於 2009-10-7 20:46:47 | 只看該作者
Heard they are good but mostly focus in the US market, but shoes no matter what need to fit onto own feet to see of they really are for you. George Boy ching probably testify and give expert opinion!

I was in Phuket couple months ago, and in some sports shop they carry Brooks, price is hefty!

升級   55.65%

該用戶從未簽到

3#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-10-8 01:18:11 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Left3 於 2009-10-7 20:46 發表
Heard they are good but mostly focus in the US market, but shoes no matter what need to fit onto own feet to see of they really are for you. George Boy ching probably testify and give expert opinion!

Yes, shoes are sort of like skin care products, no matter what the others say, you can only tell whether you like it after you try them in real life (not just at the counter).... usually too late then as you have already paid for them.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

4#
發表於 2009-10-17 05:07:49 | 只看該作者
原帖由 feufeu 於 2009-10-7 16:33 發表

I will have a short b-trip to USA this weekend and wonder if I should look for a pair of Brooks there. Searched on their web that it's ...

As suggested, you may want to try them out and see if they work for you.

From the age of 15 to the age of 30, I had only bought 1 pair of running shoes, a pair of Brooks when I was 15.  I sucked in running and quit after less than a year.

In my adult running life, I started with Reebok which is pretty bad for running.  I switched to Asics and stayed with Asics for while.  I had 2100, 2110, Gel Nimbus, Gel Magic Racer.  They were ok but probably not perfect for me.  I also had Nike Free at that time.  I really like the barefoot running idea.  Now that I don't (or can't) buy other brands, Nike Free is the only shoe I kind of miss.  I also had NB 901/903.  They were also ok.  The main reason why I bought them was that they were very cheap.

But then I found Brooks again and I fell in love with them.  I mainly wear T6 for races and ST3 for speed training/tempo run.  I just did a couple of races in T6 and they felt so comfortable.  I used to race in Nike Lunaracer/Asics Gel Hyperspeed II and thought they were great.  But T6 was much better for me.  Besides, I have raced many times in the last several years.  When I wore other shoes, I never received complements on how good they look.  The last 2 races when I wore T6, people actually stopped by and told me my shoes looked so pretty.  Not that I really care but it was interesting.

I also have mach 10 for XC, Surge LD for track races.  I am thinking about going with Launch for long run very soon.  I also have a lot of Brooks Apparel and the quality is really good too.

[ 本帖最後由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-17 05:12 編輯 ]

升級   55.65%

該用戶從未簽到

5#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-10-17 11:52:36 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-17 05:07 發表

As suggested, you may want to try them out and see if they work for you.

From the age of 15 to the age of 30, I had only bought 1 pair of running shoes, a pair of Brooks when I was 15.  I sucke ...

Many thanks, George Ching~~

My stay there was quite short and don't have time for shopping. During the 2 hours free time, I luckily found a shoes' outlet (not professional sports shop though) and bought a pair of Ghost at @59.9. I am wearing it today and intend to go for a jog this evening. Their web now shows Ghost2 & thus I believe the one I bought is the old model. I am a very leisure runner anyway... so I won't mind. Will give it a try.

Yes, I read your blog and found that you are a big fan of Brooks. I am inspired by you and plan to read the book on Chi-running. Do you think it's worth buying the DVD on Chi-running?

升級   92.85%

該用戶從未簽到

6#
發表於 2009-10-17 12:13:12 | 只看該作者
原帖由 feufeu 於 2009-10-7 00:33 發表
I will have a short b-trip to USA this weekend and wonder if I should look for a pair of Brooks there. Searched on their web that it's ...

Hi there ~  Brooks is actually pretty popular in North America if you are a heavy runner (Clydesdale/Athena). The two most popular Brooks running shoes are the Beast and Trance.  Beast is for runners with big fat feet (no arch).  Trance is a support shoes for runners with overpronation problems.  Other popular long distance Brooks are the Adrenaline and Glycerin.  They aren't cheap, I would rather buy Asic than Brook unless you have big fat feet.

[ 本帖最後由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-16 20:22 編輯 ]

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

7#
發表於 2009-10-17 13:21:15 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-17 12:13 發表

Hi there ~  Brooks is actually pretty popular in North America if you are a heavy runner (Clydesdale/Athena). The two most popular Brooks running shoes are the Beast and Trance.  Beast is for runner ...

Hi lvrunner, you don't need to have big feet or be heavy to wear Brooks.  I am a small middle-aged guy.  126 lbs or so.   I wear size 8 shoes and Brooks shoes fit me very well.  And I found that there were many guys/gals just like me wearing Brooks.  Like I said, I really like the lightweight shoes from Brooks.  The T6 actually performs better than the Nike Lunaracer(worn by Dathan Rizenhein)/Asics Gel Hyperspeed (worn by Ryan Hall) that I used to wear.  In fact, T6 is kind of narrow.  You will have to buy 1/2 to a full size up if you have big feet.  I have also tried a couple of other Brooks shoes for recovery runs/long runs.  I am leaning towards Launch for long runs.  I think Launch is lighter than NB901/903.  I may get Defyance for recovery runs eventually.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

8#
發表於 2009-10-17 13:24:29 | 只看該作者
原帖由 feufeu 於 2009-10-17 11:52 發表

Many thanks, George Ching~~ " />" />" />" />

My stay there was quite short and don't have time for shopping. During the 2 hours free time, I luckily found a shoes' outlet (not professional sports  ...

Hi feufeu, you can also check the Web Special on brooksrunning.com from time to time.  I think the ST3 was on sale a while ago for US$55/pair.  ST3 is now my main tempo run/interval shoe. You can also find other on sales shoes like Ghost, Axiom and Trance that lvrunner ching mentioned on the Web Special section of the site.

[ 本帖最後由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-17 13:27 編輯 ]

升級   55.65%

該用戶從未簽到

9#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-10-17 13:36:15 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-17 13:24 發表

Hi feufeu, you can also check the Web Special on brooksrunning.com from time to time.  I think the ST3 was on sale a while ago for US$55/pair.  ST3 is now my main tempo run/interval shoe. You can  ...

Hi George Ching, Cos I have never tried Brooks before, I hv no idea about the size... so can't buy on web.
Also, would the shipping cost be very expensive? This is a general impression of buying from overseas web as a Hong Kong-er. Anyhow, I shall keep an eye on their web after I try this pair out. Thanks a million~~

For Chi-running, have you watched their DVD before? Their claim of injury-free running is very attractive to me~~

升級   55.65%

該用戶從未簽到

10#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-10-17 13:45:03 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-17 12:13 發表

Hi there ~  Brooks is actually pretty popular in North America if you are a heavy runner (Clydesdale/Athena). The two most popular Brooks running shoes are the Beast and Trance.  Beast is for runner ...

lvrunner Ching, thanks for your comments ar~~ Compared to my Mizuno, this pair of Ghost is actually narrower. Anyhow, I will try jogging on it later today.

Really envy you guys living in the States, who can enjoy a totally customer-oriented goods return policy.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

11#
發表於 2009-10-21 11:34:21 | 只看該作者
原帖由 feufeu 於 2009-10-17 13:45 發表

" />" /> lvrunner Ching, thanks for your comments ar~~ Compared to my Mizuno, this pair of Ghost is actually narrower. Anyhow, I will try jogging on it later today.

Really envy you guys li ...

Yes, the return policy is very lenient, in general.  Some people abuse it but most people only return stuffs when absolutely need to.  

BTW, I just tried my new pair of Brooks Mach 10 Spikeless.  They were really comfortable for me, particularly on dirt. I will wear them to my first XC race in my adult life this Sat.

升級   92.85%

該用戶從未簽到

12#
發表於 2009-10-21 11:54:26 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-16 21:21 發表
Hi lvrunner, you don't need to have big feet or be heavy to wear Brooks.  I am a small middle-aged guy.  126 lbs or so.   I wear size 8 shoes and Brooks shoes fit me very well.  And I found that t ...

Hi George, of course you don't have to have big feet or heavy to wear Brooks.  What I meant was if you have big fat feet with no arch to it, I don't see what other brands of running shoes you can wear besides the Beast.  I am 5'10" and 162 lb.  I wear size 10.5 and recently moved up to 4E width.  I have a pair ot Trance 8 and didn't like it that much.  Should have bought another pair of Asics instead.

[ 本帖最後由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-20 19:58 編輯 ]

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

13#
發表於 2009-10-21 12:34:05 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-21 11:54 發表

Hi George, of course you don't have to have big feet or heavy to wear Brooks.  What I meant was if you have big fat feet with no arch to it, I don't see what other brands of running shoes you can we ...

lvrunner ching, on the contrary, shoes from Asian manufacturers are probably better for people with wide feet.  Most Americans have longer and narrower feet.  Asians tend to have shorter feet which make their feet relatively wide.  So, if you do have wide feet, you may want to wear Asics.  That's the reason why I tried Asics first.  And my wife can never find any shoes (dress shoes, exercise shoes) that fit her in US.  She will have to buy them in Asia.

Now, I just buy 1/2 size up and I can wear the narrow US shoes.  So, I switched to NB first and then Brooks now.  I haven't tried Beast so I don't know much about it. I normally try to find the lightest shoes I can find.  It is possible that Beast is not a good fit for you.  And also Asics may fit you better as well.

升級   92.85%

該用戶從未簽到

14#
發表於 2009-10-21 12:58:02 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-10-20 20:34 發表
lvrunner ching, on the contrary, shoes from Asian manufacturers are probably better for people with wide feet.  Most Americans have longer and narrower feet.  Asians tend to have shorter feet whic ...

George, I don't usually wear Brooks but the Trance was on sale for $59.99, thats why I bought it.  I always wear Asics, been wearing them for over 25 years.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

15#
發表於 2009-10-21 22:02:36 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-21 12:58 發表

George, I don't usually wear Brooks but the Trance was on sale for $59.99, thats why I bought it.  I always wear Asics, been wearing them for over 25 years.  

lvrunner ching, it looks like Trance is not a good fit for you.  Some studies found that wearing only one brand, and one model in particular all the time will increase the chance of injury.  That's why a while ago before I settled into Brooks, I wore Nike, Asics, NB shoes at the same time and rotate among them for different runs.

升級   0%

該用戶從未簽到

16#
發表於 2009-10-25 22:44:35 | 只看該作者
Wearing one brand (one model in particular) of shoes will increase the chance of injury....
Could you elaborate more?

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

17#
發表於 2009-10-27 01:10:52 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Lex 於 2009-10-25 22:44 發表
Wearing one brand (one model in particular) of shoes will increase the chance of injury....
Could you elaborate more?

Actually, wearing one type of shoes from one brand is the most dangerous.  Because the shoes are the same, the pressure points your legs, ankles, knees endure through thousands of miles would be the same.  The repeated pressure at the same spots will increase the chance of injury.

A slightly better way is to rotate among a few different type of shoes, even though if they are from the same brand.  This will at least give your legs, ankles, knees different pressure points.  Besides, giving your shoes 48 hours to "rest" will allow the EVA sole to decompress.  This will not only prolong the lives of the shoes but will reduce injury.

The best is to wear a couple of different brands.  Because different brands uses different technologies.  The pounding you will get from wearing different brands will be different, allowing you to spread the pounding out.  But if you really like one brand, make sure you wear a couple of different shoes for your run and rotate among them.

升級   92.85%

該用戶從未簽到

18#
發表於 2009-10-27 04:32:38 | 只看該作者
Hi George ~  I don't quite agree with you on this one.  Many of my running friends have done like 300+ marathons.  They all stick to the same brand of shoes years after years and encounter no problems whatsoever.  Well, model changes every year but the style remains the same.  I myself have been wearing Asics Gel shoes for 25 years.  No injuries (touch wood) at all except for my PF last year which was caused by running too much.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

19#
發表於 2009-10-27 06:13:53 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-10-27 04:32 發表
Hi George ~  I don't quite agree with you on this one.  Many of my running friends have done like 300+ marathons.  They all stick to the same brand of shoes years after years and encounter no problems ...

Hi LVrunner, I didnt' invent the theory myself.  It was based on some studies by some folks.  So, you are not disagreeing with me but with them.

Having said that, the study only says sticking with one type of shoes and one brand of shoes will increase the chance of injury.  Just like smoking can increase the chance of cancer. However, you can always find smokers like our former Chinese leader Deng Xiao Ping who didn't get cancer after smoking his whole life.

So, your chance of injury will probably increase, but you may be lucky that you will never be injured.

升級   95.6%

該用戶從未簽到

20#
發表於 2010-7-24 22:45:40 | 只看該作者
i want to try the brooks running shoes, but I can't find it in HK......
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

香港長跑網

小黑屋|手機觸屏版|電腦版|Archiver|香港長跑網 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 10:36 , Processed in 0.192240 second(s), 24 queries .