查看: 4251|回覆: 21
打印 上一主題 下一主題

run at India

[複製鏈接]

升級   49.45%

該用戶從未簽到

1#
發表於 2008-9-18 09:36:22 | 顯示全部樓層
My first time in India was in 1999.  I go to India about 2-3 times every year for business.  I usually stayed in Mumbai but occasionally  I also go to Jaipur, Udaipur and Delhi.  The overall impression of India to me is not a proper place for running.  In Mumbai, the weather is hot and humid and the road is not in good condition.  The water is dirty.  How you dare to drink anything during the race? You may very likey end up with stomach problems. Perhaps, if they have races in Rajasthan state, I may consider since the weather here is very nice and teh area is more for tourist.

升級   49.45%

該用戶從未簽到

2#
發表於 2008-9-22 09:08:26 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2008-9-22 01:37 發表

真善慕呀kopo兄可以去咁多exotic嘅國家, not like me, stuck in the desert!!!  咁印度有冇唐人餐館架?  Btw, how is your running coming along?

I enjoyed travelling to those countries in the past. However, it is a bit boring to travel there repeatingly.  Indians like Chinese food very much and there are full of " Chinese Restaurant".  Interestingly, you can have a lot of food which you can never have in HK but some of them are really deliciously. For example, there is one dish called "Paneer Manchurian".  This is fried cottage cheese with spring onion, ginger and some spices.  Also, they like very much the "Sour and spices" soup.  They also have "Aloo Manchurian"-Fired potato dumpling with spring onion, ginger and some chinese spices.  They also have "魚香茄子" but it is just deep-fried eggplant with some sweet and sour source.  Very funny!!

I have started LSD for sometims and I have tried to keep running very day about 8-10 km.  The progress is quite ok in last few weeks. The week before, I can accumulate up 64km in a week with 24km as LSD (9.8km/hr). However, since last weeks, I was in a company function for a week and I had alcohols and heavy meals almost every evenings and eventually gained some weights as well.  Luckily, it is over now but I found that I was extremely tired during the LSD and I cannot even finish the normal distance that I usually have.  This morning, I have a usual running of 10km but I felt very hesitate to run and I am very tired.  I don't know if I will soon recovered or I have to change my running shortly to other exercise to pass this gap.  I now have a feeling that I don't like running.  How come I have such feelings?

升級   49.45%

該用戶從未簽到

3#
發表於 2008-9-24 15:32:02 | 顯示全部樓層
David Ching, I am trying to do other exercise but not running or just running a shorter distance of just 6-8km.  I feel better now.  I am not sure if it is common for those people who wanted to practise Full marathon.  Also, I always worry to run improperly since it would lead to injury.  So, whenever I feel some pain or just suspected pain in any part of my body, I started to worry.  Am I too over-reacted?  

I usually stay in west part of India where have less chinese.  But in Kolkata where located in the east part of India, there are more Chinese or Tibetese.  I thought most Indians are tired of their own curry and they want to try something else.  But in fact, they get used to the strong favored ans spicy stuff, it is difficult for them shift to those food with less flavor such as Japanese food or Sushi.

升級   49.45%

該用戶從未簽到

4#
發表於 2008-9-24 16:22:37 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 obaanc 於 2008-9-24 15:51 發表
很掛念印度奶茶 (masala tea), 女士五彩繽紛的衣裳及美麗的印度西施

I still have the spicy powder for the  tea masala. I bought this from India and I occasionally boiled some tea masala especially when I cooked the Indian food.  It is very tasty.  I don't know why many girls like Sari. Is it really that beautiful?  But one thing for sure is that the Punjabi girls are really really beautiful.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

香港長跑網

小黑屋|手機觸屏版|電腦版|Archiver|香港長跑網 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 12:29 , Processed in 0.356861 second(s), 23 queries .