香港長跑網  - 長跑長友

找回密碼
 註冊
搜索
查看: 10356|回覆: 14
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Anyone looking forward to the Berlin World Championship?

[複製鏈接]

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2009-8-4 05:37:27 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
I am definitely looking forward to the Berlin World Championship.  My favorite events include the men and women 5k/10k as well as the women Marathon.

For the women Marathon, it is going to be very exciting to see Paula Radcliffe trying one more time to win the world title.  Also, Zhou Chun Xiu may give it one more try.  In Beijing, had she and Ndereba not been so busy staring at each other in the last 6 miles, they both had a chance to catch Dita.

Of course, American sweetheart Kara Goucher just ran a personal best half marathon in 1:08:05.  She is also a possible gold medalist.

Will be interested to know if Bekele will attempt to double again?  Same for Dibaba.  Dibaba against Defar would be a fun race to watch
+1 0
上一篇︰怎樣貼新投票?下一篇︰有可能搬遷灣仔運動場

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

2#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-8 01:28:28 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-4 05:37 發表
I am definitely looking forward to the Berlin World Championship.  My favorite events include the men and women 5k/10k as well as the women Marathon.

For the women Marathon, it is going to be very  ...

Anyone interested in discussing the upcoming World T&F Championship?

升級   92.85%

該用戶從未簽到

3#
發表於 2009-8-10 10:31:07 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-7 09:28 發表
Anyone interested in discussing the upcoming World T&F Championship?

Well George, I guess nobody wants to discuss the topic.  Anyway, only 5 days left and yes I will be following the events from the 15th to the 23rd.  Mens Marathon will be held on the 22nd and Womens Marathon will be on the 23rd closing day as usual.  Do you have Versus?  It will be on Versus a few times a day.  I need to clear my DVR to make room for more recording.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

4#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-11 03:18:13 | 只看該作者
原帖由 lvrunner 於 2009-8-10 10:31 發表

Well George, I guess nobody wants to discuss the topic.  Anyway, only 5 days left and yes I will be following the events from the 15th to the 23rd.  Mens Marathon will be held on the 22nd and Womens ...

lvrunner ching.  It is good to finally find someone here who is interested in the World T&F.  I think one of the possible reasons for the lack of interests here is that few, if any, Chinese are expected to have a chance to medal.  

The best chance will rest on the shoulders of Zhou Chun Xiu and Chang Wen Xiu, the 2 Xiu's.  After that, the other Chinese athletes may not even have a chance to reach the finals.  I suppose there may be some HK athletes who are eligible to run, jump or throw in the first round.  Unfortunately, I don't think any distance runners from HK have met even the B standards to participate in the races.  I hope I am wrong here.

But nevertheless, I think it will be a very exciting competition, seeing Bekele against Lagat in the 5k, Defar vs. Dibaba in the women 5k.   This is just like seeing Brazil against Argentina in the World Cup.  It will be exciting!

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

5#
發表於 2009-8-11 10:28:33 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-11 03:18 發表

lvrunner ching.  It is good to finally find someone here who is interested in the World T&F.  I think one of the possible reasons for the lack of interests here is that few, if any, Chinese are ex ...

actually, there's no advertisement at all in hk, especially this event is not popular.
even there's tv publication, normally will be on paid TV channel.
don't expect too many people can view this event

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

6#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-11 12:52:36 | 只看該作者
原帖由 spmho 於 2009-8-11 10:28 發表

actually, there's no advertisement at all in hk, especially this event is not popular.
even there's tv publication, normally will be on paid TV channel.
don't expect too many people can view thi ...

I am surprised to hear that the event is not even on TV in HK.  It is on major networks here in US.  2 years ago, I happened to be in Japan during part of the Osaka World T&F.  I turned on the Japanese TV stations and they spent hours showing the event and interviewing their women marathoners before the race.  Tosa who miraculously fought back to overtake Zhu Xiao Lin and grab a bronze in the women Marathon was treated as the national heroin there.

I also saw news reporting that some of the mainland Chinese coaches and athletes prefer to save their best for the Chinese games instead of competing in the World T&F.  The main reason is that they can't win or appear in the finals any way.  It is very sad.  It is such a good opportunity to compete with the best in the world.  "Making cars with the door closed" is not a good way for the mainland Chinese coaches and athletes to raise the standard in Track and Field.

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

7#
發表於 2009-8-11 13:00:33 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-11 12:52 發表

I am surprised to hear that the event is not even on TV in HK.  It is on major networks here in US.  2 years ago, I happened to be in Japan during part of the Osaka World T&F.  I turned on the Jap ...

no need to surprise...
even "FINA World Championships" , which was much popular due to swimming event, was only available on paid TV not free TV channel

also hk people pay more attention on short event, 100m, 200m.....but not long event
so people know more about Liuxiang...

if we want to see any marathon program, need to check it out on internet or delayed ESPN on cable TV
so i love the way how US/Japan broadcast major marathon event, e.g. Boston M, Berlin M

[ 本帖最後由 spmho 於 2009-8-11 13:03 編輯 ]

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

8#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-11 13:31:48 | 只看該作者
原帖由 spmho 於 2009-8-11 13:00 發表

no need to surprise...
even "FINA World Championships" , which was much popular due to swimming event, was only available on paid TV not free TV channel

also hk people pay more attention on sh ...

True.  I can watch most of the events either on cable TV or on the affiliated web sites here in US.

Liu Xiang is one in a billion.  Too bad he is not able to compete.  Unfortunately, after Liu Xiang, the other so called successors of Liu in the 110 hurdles probably wouldn't be in the top 4 if they compete in the university track competition in US, let alone the pro comps.  If Shi Dong Peng can get back to his form, he might have a chance to make the final.  The other two will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round.

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

9#
發表於 2009-8-11 14:05:10 | 只看該作者
原帖由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-11 13:31 發表

True.  I can watch most of the events either on cable TV or on the affiliated web sites here in US.

Liu Xiang is one in a billion.  Too bad he is not able to compete.  Unfortunately, after Liu Xiang, the other so called successors of Liu in the 110 hurdles probably wouldn't be in the top 4 if they compete in the university track competition in US, let alone the pro comps.  If Shi Dong Peng can get back to his form, he might have a chance to make the final.  The other two will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round.

to be fair....still a long way to run for peng....don't expect much from him...

it is sad that no one can compete with Dayron Robles in 110m hurdles..at this moment
there's even no one can push him for the best....sad

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

10#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-11 21:06:26 | 只看該作者
原帖由 spmho 於 2009-8-11 14:05 發表

to be fair....still a long way to run for peng....don't expect much from him...

it is sad that no one can compete with Dayron Robles in 110m hurdles..at this moment
there's even no one can pus ...

That's true.  Robles has always had great talents and explosive power.  Now he has copied the Liu Xiang techniques.  He rarely hits a hurdle nowadays.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

11#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-15 21:15:25 | 只看該作者

Berlin World T&F Women 10k!

It was such an exciting race, despite the absence of defending champion and Olympic double gold medalists Tirunesh Dibaba.  The showdown between Dibaba and her fellow Ethiopian runner Defar therefore didn't happen.  It was a tactical race right from the get go.  The pace was quite slow.  Everybody bunched up.  Even mere mortals like me could probably stay with these women for a lap or two.

Two Kenyans and three Ethiopians finally broke away from the pack in the last coupe of k's.  Masai led most of the last 2k's with Defar hanging by her shoulders.  When the bell sounded, Defar accelerated and led by a couple of meters with 100 meters left.  Everyone, including myself, would expect her to break away and win easily.  Well, that didn't happen.  She was suddenly out of gas and shockingly only finished in 5th place.  Another Ethiopian Melkamu thought she had the race won and raised her hand to start celebrating, only to be passed by the Kenyan Masai in the last step.  I guess she would remember to run through the line and not to celebrate too early for the rest of her life.

Chinese runner Chang Ying Ying didn't run well.  She finished in 18th place, out of 20 finishers.  The first non-African runner is Amy Begley of US who is coached by Alberto Salazar.  She finished in 6th and also set her personal best today.  The first Asian runner is Japanese runner Nakamura, in 7th place.

[ 本帖最後由 佐治男孩 於 2009-8-15 21:16 編輯 ]

升級   78.75%

該用戶從未簽到

12#
發表於 2009-8-17 13:43:51 | 只看該作者
oh crazy Bolt of his new 100m world record 9.58s!!!!!!!!!

[ 本帖最後由 spmho 於 2009-8-17 13:45 編輯 ]

升級   0%

該用戶從未簽到

13#
發表於 2009-8-17 13:58:18 | 只看該作者
9.58s

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

14#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-18 03:56:05 | 只看該作者

Bolt & Bekele

Nobody can defeat Bolt and nobody can defeat Bekele in 10k.

Bolt proves to everyone that a human being can run in the 9.5x range.  That's really unbelievable.  

It is also very impressive for Kenenisa Bekele to win, yet again, another 10k race.  Ever since Kenenisa Bekele has started competed professionally, he has never lost a 10k race on the track.  Nobody came close to beating him and today is no exception.  Tadese, a superb runner from Entrea, and also the last guy who defected Bekele in the World XC competition in 2007 when Bekele was hurt, made a courageous attempt to speed up and drop everyone else.  Unfortunately, for him, Tadese couldn't drop Bekele, who ran a 13:05 2nd half of the 10k race and about 58sec for the last lap.

Before Bekele retires, he will surely be the best distance runner of all time.

升級   20.65%

該用戶從未簽到

15#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-25 00:39:15 | 只看該作者

Kenenisa Bekele - the Greatest Distance Runner Ever

If there is still any doubt that Kenenisa  Bekele is the greatest distance runner ever, it should have been eliminated after this World Championship.  Bekele repeated his achievements in Beijing and got double gold in men 5000 and 10000 again.  

He is never defeated in 10k ever!  And since 2006, for more than 3 years, he is undefeated in 5k as well.  Even at the beginning of this year when he was out of shape after suffering an injury, in his first 5k in 2009, he beat a dozen of Kenyans who tried to use team tactics to defeat Bekele.  Besides, Bekele holds multiple world records, indoor and outdoor.  His 5k WR of 12:37 and 10k WR of 26:17 are both unbelievably fast!

Granted, he hasn't run a Marathon yet.  But when he does, we will surely set multiple world records.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

香港長跑網

小黑屋|手機觸屏版|電腦版|Archiver|香港長跑網 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 22:25 , Processed in 0.256387 second(s), 24 queries .